Tuesday 7 August 2007

Vietnamese Spring Rolls

I have always like cooking. Sometime, I recreate some of this dishes I have tried before but it is not always successful. One time, I try making Whisky Pork Ribs, the results is quite shocking. Having a cookbook around is always useful to produce great food, sometimes. One of my collection of cookbook is this vietnamese cook book I got when it was introduce by The Star paper. What motivate me to get try vietnamese food is partly my trip to Vietnam and my buddy's friends wife. She personally requested us to get this special vietnamese rice paper - Banh da Nem which is not available in KL (that was what I made believe).

One of the first thing I try is the Vietnamese Spring Roll. Here are the ingredients (a little modification by myself):
- Minced pork, Crabmeat, Prawns (peeled & minced)
- Carrot & Turnip (both julienned)
- 1-2 cloves Shallots & Garlic (finely chopped)
- Egg beaten
- Pepper, salt & sugar for taste


Turnip, Minced Pork & Prawn (just ran out of carrot)


Crabmeat

Mixed up everything together and warpped it with the rice paper.





Then carefully wrapped Vietnamese Spring Roll but not so tight. This can easily tear the rice paper. To make it easier to warp soften the rice paper by wipe it with wet towel.





Then deep fry under slow or medium heat till become golden brown.



Tata! the completed Vietnamese Spring Rolls.



You can try this with different type of filling for e.g. add some fish paste. Yummyyyyyy.....

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

that was the ones u made for us!.. it was damn good!!!

9 August 2007 at 09:42  
Blogger Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Oooh if this is the one we ate at the potluck party, I can vouch for it. Damn delicious!!!

9 August 2007 at 12:15  
Blogger Big Boys Oven said...

Looks delicious.... great fillings too.

9 August 2007 at 14:41  
Blogger Meng Keat said...

will make it bigger, more bite... not proportion to my size??

9 August 2007 at 23:45  
Blogger wmw said...

Wah....these were the ones you made and brought to Nigel's place? Yup, they were yummylicious! Really can cook anything, eh??? ;o)

10 August 2007 at 01:09  
Blogger Precious Pea said...

Sniff sniff...i missed that!!! Ohh..heard your durian ice-cream also veli good...can share the recipe ar?

10 August 2007 at 15:49  
Blogger Meng Keat said...

WMW - this week trying something else
Precious Pea - sure can, very simple but a lot of beating!!

10 August 2007 at 21:18  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

Quickly show more of your talents! I'll make you my priority pimp project!

11 August 2007 at 22:44  
Blogger teckiee said...

wah i like this one! very nice! whahahah I still have rice paper at home so I'm going try this out.

12 August 2007 at 13:09  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Yup, they were really good. I went back to look for some for seconds and gone already. The durian ice cream was very good too. Thanks so much for sharing that with us.

14 August 2007 at 12:20  
Blogger Precious Pea said...

I don't mind the beating process. So how? Can share the recipe or not?

17 August 2007 at 14:41  
Blogger Meng Keat said...

Precious Pea - Watch it in my coming post. Let me get the measurement correct. Scare too sweet.
Teckiee - Try already??
Boo_licious - Will make more.

20 August 2007 at 21:55  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home