Monday 20 August 2007

Honey Whisky Pork Bits


I have been thinking for a while on what should I do with this Johnnie Walker Black Label. It has been lying in my shelve for years, then an idea strike me. Why don't I try making some dishes with whisky like Whisky Pork Bits (thought of doing it at pork ribs, too lazy to debone during eating) similar like so many restaurants serving Guinness Stout Pork Ribs / Chicken Wing.


At first, I try just using whisky to marinade the pork bits and for sauce. The whisky taste was too strong in the marinated pork (nearly got high after having it). Later, I added honey, the taste?..…well for me is OK (since I am the only taster around).

Let get down to things that make it ticks

Pork cut in slices or cubes
Corn Flour
Softly beaten Egg
1 teaspoon of soya sauce
1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
Pinch of salt, sugar & pepper

Sauces:
3 tablespoon of Johnnie Walker Black Label Whisky
1 tablespoon of honey
20 ml water
Pinch of salt & sugar

Marinate the pork with soya sauce, oyster sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Coat the pork bits with corn flour then eggs and deep-fry in hot oil until cooked and golden brown. Then drain the excess oil from the pork.



For the sauces, heat a bit of oil in the saucepan, then put in the combined ingredients above and stir till boil until thick. Then mix the fry pork bits in the sauce then served.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Precious Pea said...

The only sampler?? Aiyooo.....why never contact the food bloggers to do review for you? LOL!

I also use my dad's century old XO to cook. Ending up in my tummy is better than displaying it in the shelves. Hahahaha!

22 August 2007 at 08:41  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

me also want to try..johnny with pork..hmmm

22 August 2007 at 11:45  
Blogger UnkaLeong said...

Looks delicious!

22 August 2007 at 11:57  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Wah.. cooking skills improving...
when invite us to try??

23 August 2007 at 13:24  
Blogger Babe_KL said...

this must be on the menu as part of yr induction to the group! heh :p

27 August 2007 at 11:26  
Blogger cookies_cream said...

wow~ whisky pork..I tried before guiness stout..but johnnie walker whisky..does it taste the same as the guiness stout? :)

29 August 2007 at 09:23  
Blogger Lyrical Lemongrass said...

When do we get to eat it???

5 September 2007 at 21:02  
Blogger wmw said...

Yes, please do let us do a review of the food you prepared! :O)

20 September 2007 at 00:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home