Tuesday 24 June 2008

Cakes Again?


I always have the tendency to over purchase stuff such as vegetables, butter, milk, apples, grapes and others food stuff then left in the refrigerator too long and totally forget about it. Nowadays most of supermarket packages the goods in multiples and very reasonable price which is so tempting. Do I sound like a houseman(wife)? After some days of specific memory loss, these supposedly good deals does not fill my stomach, it becomes a major source of food for my dustbin. I do not always forget about it, sometimes you got so much of work or appointment which by the time I reach home, it will be too late to cook anything.

So when I decided to try a cheese cake, I bought a whole kg of Anchor Cream Cheese. After making the first mix strawberry and lemon cheese cake, I need to quickly make another cake before my dustbin get its bite on the other half kg of the cream cheese. So I look at my another cookbook, celebrity chef Su Chan (who is she? I never heard of her before, just got the book at discount at M’sia Book Fest for discount) to look for my next cake ideas.

The American Cheesecake recipe looks like the easily to prepare and quick with those existing ingredients I have. I won’t list the recipe here, please get the cookbook and get your income tax deduction (this was what i was thinking).

So here, I mix the cream cheese, egg yolks, sugar and lemon in a bowl and the egg whites and sugar in another bowl. Then combine the both items and pour into a grease springform pan (Hah! I remember to grease the pan).

Thereafter bake till it become slight brown at the top and please to take my as standards, it is slight overburnt. After remove the oven leave to cool and refrigerate the cake overnight.


After overnight in the fridge, you can serve it. Look at the beautifully cut cheese cakes. Want some? Look better than the earlier cheese cake.



Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Wai Yin said...

wah cake looks good! you might want to try philedelphia cream cheese for less sourish taste.

26 June 2008 at 00:56  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

The texture looks better than the earlier one.

Sigh.. such a pity we have not been meeting lately.

26 June 2008 at 11:39  
Blogger Meng Keat said...

wai yin - shld be going to Bake w Yen to get Philedelphia CC.
tummy - u can get my brownies next time.

26 June 2008 at 23:37  
Blogger Precious Pea said...

It looks as good as those selling outside wor. Must be rich and tasty hor?

27 June 2008 at 09:08  
Blogger wmw said...

This one looks good and turned out better that the previous one hor?

29 June 2008 at 15:52  
Blogger Meng Keat said...

pp/wmw - taste ok. not so sweet but texture not so nice. comments by colleagues. i think can score myself 6/10.

30 June 2008 at 23:06  
Blogger Andrew said...

they really look good..btw, was the texture hard or soft? I tried once but the texture came up very soft.

5 August 2008 at 14:09  
Blogger Meng Keat said...

fortesfidelis - it is just right. But if u let in the fridge then a bit hard.

11 August 2008 at 23:19  
Blogger ibnu marzuki al firdaus said...

dear friend,

do u've BBQ LAND & STEAMBOAT BUFFET KUANG's phone no at SG BULOH, SELANGOR @ been there? some said d price just below rm20/pax!

regards,

mal handsome

plz sms me +60128624623 or
email 2 sronoknya@gmail.com

21 September 2008 at 07:22  
Blogger ibnu marzuki al firdaus said...

mari kita ramai2 meriahkan lg mjls hr ry thn ini. dsertakan jgk list rmh terbuka slrh dunia;

http://warisan-marzuki.blogspot.com/2008/10/sywl-jth-dlm-okt-utk-kt-braya-ianya-jgk.html

jk anda ada info lain, sila emailkan lmn web ATAU no telnya ke sronoknya@gmail.com ATAU sms +60128624623 segera!

thx... semua d jmpt hdr & jgn malu2


apa komen anda psl video d bwh ini;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdXf2iI8ap4

http://test.chedet.com/che_det/2008/09/selamat-hari-raya-aidilfitri.html#comments

http://rantingsbymm.blogspot.com/2008/10/open-housing-in-kl-and-jakarta.html

maaflah TUN... drkm pun ms tgh kecewa, lpr, malu & mrh! ampunkan, x?

7 October 2008 at 21:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home