Monday 23 June 2008

Cakes, cakes & cakes!!

Cakes are probably the most loveable food to every person in this planet earth. We celebrate our birthdays, weddings, engagement, anniversary and any other special events with it. Every people like to have one piece of it whenever they are not worrying about the calories. I myself also love and adore cakes. I used to buy a whole butter cake filled with delicious sugar icing during the holidays so that it can fill-up my holiday appetite and forget about calories for a while.

Now with the pricing of goods has gone 10 folds, you can’t get my favourite butter cake for only RM28. Now, I think it will cost me around RM45 per kg. Then I thought to myself, why don’t try doing it myself and that means one less customers for Secret Recipe.




Here are some of the beautiful creations by the experts in the FHM 2007 even though I know event the occurred closed to a year ago. We can still enjoy all this mouth watering creations in your imagination. Wouldn't you wish to take a bite at it ?...Yummmy!



Look at those mini-cakes...


FHM-Beautiful Cakes


and also this cakes...












Then I started on the simple recipe from my cookbooks and change it bit to become a mix of strawberry and lemon cheese cakes. I used the Mc-Vities Digestives for the base and of course the cream cheese mixed with some strawberry jam for the strawberry favour and lemon juice.



You can see from the tray before baking the two difference colours of the cheese cakes.


This is the first time I baked cakes and I forget to grease the tray, look at the all the crunchy biscuit all stuck at the bottom of the tray. Just look at this picture and how messy the cutting becomes. On top of that, I did not reduce the sugar level and with the strawberry jam it becomes too sweet. Well, can we consider this is not a successful try. How much do you rate this (for some of you have try it)?




This picture is taken by Teckiee, one of the many professional photographers in the flogger gang. See difference between the amateur and professional.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tummythoz said...

Oh for the luv of food, FINALLY a proper post! *screw loose neck due to waiting back into shoulders*

24 June 2008 at 18:03  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home